The upgrade to Aspinall House and its Annexe re-incorporated the school’s administrative centre with its current boarding college function. A grand Victorian Italianate residence originally called St. Killians, Aspinall House is a landmark structure within The Scots College and represents the beginnings of the school in 1895.
Renamed after the first principal, Aspinall House has a two storey Annexe structure to the south that incorporates and links to the school’s Dining Hall. The project involves removing intrusive elements and upgrading amenities as well as incorporating fire safety measures without impacting on the significant heritage fabric. A third level added to the adjacent Annexe expands the boarding facilities and improves its relationship to the original Aspinall House, with complementary roof forms and fenestration.