A Public Domain Master Plan for Ashfield Town Centre which includes Liverpool Road – the main shopping street, a laneway network and Ashfield Rail Station. The Master Plan, informed by a comprehensive community engagement program, will provide Ashfield Council with costed and prioritised public domain improvements that address key urban design issues in the town centre and provide immediate and substantial benefits to the community including:
- Reinforcing a sense of place for Ashfield including the establishment of a coordinated family of public domain elements – furniture and finishes.
- Activating and capitalising the unique character of the town centre creating a vibrant network of streets and laneways.
- Improving accessibility and safety.
- Attracting people to the town centre through integrated, quality design and improved amenity.
- Promoting a sense of pride and community in all users of the